Fans of the popular 3 Racing D3 drift chassis can rejoice as 3Racing has now released the Sakura D4 chassis kits in a RWD & AWD version. The 3 Racing Sakura D3 series chassis are popular among budget minded enthusiasts as it offer lots of options for full upgrading. The 3Racing Sakura D4 chassis is no different. The current price of the D4 is under $140 USD, which makes it very attractive for anyone looking to try out RWD without spending a ton of dough.
We now have the full specifications on the chassis; along with new official pictures of the chassis. As you can see from the photos the Sakura D4 offers a great entry level offering with lots of room for upgrades. For anyone looking to get started in RC Drifting this chassis may be for you.
The all new 3Racing Sakura D4 Drift Chassis is 3Racing’s newest iteration of their drift platform. Do not be fooled by the price, it features parts which are option parts on cars twice the D4’s price. Featuring two battery locations, one infront of the motor and one on the rear diffuser to allow users to tune the weight distribution based on user’s liking.
Combining ideas and feedback from D3 users, the D4 was redesigned from the ground up and features new parts.
3Racing Sakura D4 Specifications
- Weight Distribution: Allows the battery to be mounted on the rear diffuser or infront of the motor.
- Steering: A redesigned steering rack which allows a larger steering angle when compared with the previous version.
- Drivetrain: Utilizing a belt drive system, which allows for quiet and efficent drivetrain. Features a rear spool and a front gear diff.
- Suspension: Suspension components have been completely redesigned to accommodate the large steering angle of this AWD drift car. Features Y arm suspension on the front which is seen almost all high end cars, will prevent the wheels from hitting the a-arm whilst at max steering angle.
- Oil Filled Coil Spring Shocks: Lengthen 55mm coiled spring oil filled shocks with threaded shock bodies allows a more progressive chassis roll action and easy tuning
- Molded Rear Diffuser: For an added touch of realism, a molded composite rear diffuser comes standard to give the Sakura D4 the extra attention to detail
- FRP Chasis : The Sakura D4 will be fitted with a FRP lower plate chassis designed with rigidity in mind to ensure efficient side to side weight transfer to easily initiate high speed drifting.
3Racing Sakura D4 AWD RC Drift Chassis
3Racing Sakura D4 RWD RC Drift Chassis