World Champion Drifter Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Mustang RTR teamed up with Need for Speed to build this one-of-a-kind, fully-functional Street, Track and Drift machine. Balancing 5.0 liters of tire-shredding American horsepower with vintage American, Japanese, European and Drift culture inspired design influences, Vaughn has incorporated state-of-the-art technology while retaining a nostalgic feel into his vision for the 69′ Ford Mustang’s timeless body. The RTR-X was designed and built from the ground up to be driven hard; the RTR-X is NOT a trailer queen. While Vaughn will be the only one behind the wheel thrashing it, the entire world will be able to enjoy driving the HPI 1/10th scale RTR-X.
The Sprint 2 Sport RTR W/ 1969 Ford Mustang RTR-X features a highly detailed replica 1969 Ford Mustang RTR-X body finished in gunmetal metallic paint. Two sets of Work Meister S1 wheels are included, one set for Drift with pre-mounted HPI T-Drifts and another set for Grip with pre-mounted HPI X-Patterns! The body comes completely trimmed, decaled and mounted. The finished kit perfectly captures the essence of the RTR-X in 1/10th scale with it’s timeless looks and awesome performance.You can also customize the Sprint 2 Sport chassis with any of the clear or pre-painted polycarbonate body shells from the huge assortment of HPI bodies and option wheels/tires!
The Sprint 2 Sport RTR chassis is 4WD for consistent performance on a wide variety of surfaces, easy to drive, and has all of the features you need to adjust for a perfect set-up: camber, toe-in, ride height, Ackerman and a wide variety of available shock oils and shock springs! With a big foam front bumper, reinforced molded nylon chassis, upper deck and shock towers, you’ll see that the Sprint 2 Sport RTR can easily take the abuse of parking lot driving. The full ball bearing, dual belt, 4 wheel drive transmission is very efficient and capable of handling high power modified electric motors down to 10 turns.
The RTR Sprint 2 Sport chassis is 4WD for consistent performance on a wide variety of surfaces, easy to drive, and has all of the features you need to adjust for a perfect set-up: camber, toe-in, ride height, Ackerman, and a wide variety of available shock oils and shock springs! With a big foam front bumper, reinforced molded nylon chassis, upper deck and shock towers, you’ll see that the RTR Sprint 2 Sport can easily take the abuse of parking lot driving. The full ball bearing, dual belt, 4 wheel drive transmission is very efficient and capable of handling high power modified electric motors down to 10 turns.
As with all HPI cars and trucks, you get a full, in-depth instruction manual with step-by-step instructions that allow you to easily disassemble and reassemble your car for maintenance and easy servicing. The manual also includes a handy parts list and full-scale drawings of the parts and hardware. And the included HPI RC Car DVD is your personal RC car expert in a box!
From authentic looks to full adjustability of the suspension geometry, the RTR Sprint 2 Sport is the complete package. 2.4GHz radio, full ball bearings, waterproof electronics, and silicone oil-filled shocks – it’s all there on the RTR Sprint 2 Sport, precision built from the factory!
Sprint Sport 2 Features
Part #: #109299
- Turnbuckles used for each camber link and steering rod allow fine adjustment of the suspension geometry to suit your driving style and track conditions.
- Silicone oiul filled coiul over shock absorbers with replaceable springs for added tuning options.
- 12mm wheel hex adapters used front and rear are compatible with all HPI 1/10 scale touring car wheels. This allows for many different wheel and tire combinations to adapt to driving conditions and style.
- Adjustable height body mounts allow a variety of bodies to fit the chassis for that custom look.
- Foam bumper protects the car from potentially damaging impacts.
- TF-40 Radio System with pistol grip transmitter and 2.4GHz operation for trouble free reception.
- SC-15WP waterproof and reversible ESC for smooth and efficient motor control.
- Firebolt 15T Electric Motor
- Nimble 4WD handling and easy to drive in all conditions.
- Many existing Sprint 2 option parts bolt directly on to maximize performance.
- Vertically adjustable front and rear camber links are easily adjustable to suit conditions and driving styles.
- Adjustable shock positions to maximize suspension performance.
- Sealed planetary gear differential for nearly zero maintenance and maximum reliability.
- Strong alloy steel dog bones for simplicity and durability.
- Ball bearings throughout the drivetrain for maximum speed and efficiency.
Sprint 2 Sport Specifications
- 2.4 GHz radio system.
- Waterproof & Lipo capable ESC
- Waterproof Servo
- Waterproof Receiver Box
- Orange anodized aluminum parts
- AA Batteries
- 7.2 2000MAH Battery Pack
Source: HPI Racing