The 417 has achieved the third consecutive IFMAR World Championship! This is the latest evolution of the popular 417 touring car chassis, this latest version has made a number of changes. Including a new lower deck, upper deck, bulkhead, dampers, servo mount, motor mount, and more! This is expected to be on sale just in time for the holiday season and should be released early December 2012. We expect it to have a large price tag with all the included TRF hop ups. Early retailers have pegged the price around $800-$1100, we haven’t heard an official number from Tamiya yet.
Tamiya #42240, was released today at the 2012 Tokyo Hobby Show.
- Carbon 2.25mm lower deck of the flat type is also aimed at rectifying effect of ultra-high-speed range
- 2.0mm Carbon Upper Deck of shape it to match the new design
- In addition, the servo stays, evolved into a new shape of machined aluminum one-piece left and right I was floating outside the pursuit of roll characteristics
- In addition to the development of new aeration type oil dampers, such as fluorine double carbon drive shaft seal and bearings
- State of the Art TRF (Tamiya Racing Factory) competition level touring car chassis
- 4WD dual belt drive system
- 4-wheel independent suspension system with carbon reinforced plastic parts
- Universal drive shafts
- Aluminum 5mm hex hubs for wheel mounting (industry standard size, fits all 24mm Tamiya wheels and most aftermarket brands)
- Camber, castor, toe-IN/OUT, roll-center, anti-dive/anti squat, shock angle, wheel-base, track width are all fully adjustable
- Battery compartment accommodates LiPo and LiFe hard case battery packs
- Carbon fiber upper and lower decks (Newly designed lower deck)
- Machined aluminum (TRF blue anodized) suspension blocks, bulk-heads and motor plate parts
- Full ball bearings (Teflon Sealed)
- Aluminum threaded turnbuckles (TRF blue anodized)
- Fits 190mm touring car and sports car body sets (note: Some Tamiya TA-05 IFS low nose body sets intended for the TA-05 V2 or TA-06 may be too low to fit the TRF417’s front end due to its stand up shock design)
- TRF aluminum threaded dampers with Teflon pistons and cartridge components
- New piece: Three-piece motor mount allows adjustment of chassis rigidity and new positions of motor attachment holes enable a wider choice of gear ratios to better suit your track or racing class.
- Damper stays have damper attachment slots to allow fine setting adjustment. Increased thickness of 3.5mm offers improved damper attachment rigidity for greater damper effectiveness.
- The upper and lower deck have been reshaped to achieve improved flexibility. These are interchangeable with the original TRF417 upper and lower decks to adjust chassis roll characteristics.
Includes front and rear sway bar set