The long lost has now returned with the new Tamiya TT-02D RC Drift chassis. As we have dreamed of this day for many years, there is hope we will see a full body version without holes/chassis. For now the Nissan Skyline R33 body is sold only with the TT-02D for around a MSRP $150USD. It is expected to go on sale late February 2015.
As with most kits from Tamiya the Nissan Skyline GT-R33 body is pre-drilled for the TT-02 chassis. The TT-02 chassis is Tamiya’s latest entry level 4WD full independent suspension assembly kit that offers ease of assembly and easy maintenance. The TT-02D is the Drift Spec variant that includes special parts to make it a fun to drive drifting machine.
Tamiya TT-02D w Nissan Skyline R33 Body Features Item No: 58604
- Includes Super Driftech tires (24mm width) which feature a special resin compound suited to drift driving.
- Includes full ball bearings and CVA (oil-filled) Super Mini shocks.
- Tamiya Sport-Tuned Motor and Aluminum heat sink is included.
- Brake disc-shaped wheel hubs (silver color) and battery holder (blue) are metal-plated parts.
- The TT-02 chassis offers 2 different wheelbases and tread settings without the addition of Option Parts. It also supports 10 different gear ratios.
- The skid-shaped underside of the bathtub type frame minimizes contact with the road surface.