A little more than a year after the first release of the Spidercks GP-X RC Drift chassis from Kazama, comes the updated Black Edition. This new version includes some changes to the original GP-X including chassis thickness. It is now available for around ¥52,200, Kazama Auto Japan is well known in the D1 Drift world. Now Kazama Auto and Street Jam has just released their new 1:10 scale electric drift chassis; called the Spidercks GP-X. The GP-X is based on the already popular Street Jam OTA-R31 chassis, but hopped up by Kazama Auto with some key hop-up parts. The Kazama version of the OTA-R31 will be completely silver carbon fiber chassis, upper deck, front and rear damper stays. Kazama has also leveled up the chassis with highly sought after aluminum hop-up parts. Most notably the bulkheads, motor mount, bumper brace and suspension blocks. The rest of the parts will made up of genuine Street Jam parts. This chassis will be a high performance chassis and the price tag will likely reflect its quality and performance. It is an alternative choice to the genuine Street Jam OTA-R3R chassis and definitely worth checking out.
Kazama Spidercks GP-X Black Edition Summarized Parts List:
- Carbon Chassis, Carbon Upper Deck
- Carbon Front Damper Stay (4mm)
- Carbon Rear Damper Stay (4mm)
- Aluminium Front One Way
- Aluminium One Way (rear)
- Aluminium Bumper Brace
- Aluminium Lower Bulk
- Aluminium Upper Bulk
- Aluminium Pulley Holder Support
- Aluminium Pulley Support Holder
- Aluminium Servo Mount
- Aluminium Sus-Mount
- Aluminium Cooling Motor Mount
- Street Jam R31 Suspension Kit
- Street Jam OTA-R Battery Holder
- Turn Buckle
- Street Jam Works Damer Set (Adjustable Shock Cap)
- Belts (420-180)
- Pinion Gear (48P-27T)
Whats the difference between the GP-X and OTA-R31?
- The battery position has been switched from the longitudinal featured in the R31 to a lateral more commonly seen in current high end drift chassis.
- Tub chassis has been replaced with Kazama Silver Carbon Fiber.
- All bulkheads are replaced with Kazama Silver Aluminum .
- New 10 and 13 degrees castor hubs
Source: Kazama Auto Japan