Wrap-Up Next has officially announced the new FR-D RWD RC Drift Chassis Conversion Kit coming next mid January 2014. According to Wrap Up Next official blog the next evolution of the FR-D includes an optimized weight distribution layout. They have also strengthened the gear unit and provide more steering angle than before!
It will be available in 4 different color options, Red, Blue, Silver, and Black. You can pre-order them now from various online retailers for around $300 USD.
Updates from V1/1.1
- Carbon parts has been changed to Black Carbon. Chassis Thickness has been changed to 2mm for enhanced rolling action and perfect control.
- Gear Unit lay out has been updated. Motor potion has been moved approx 5mm towards rear. Perfect weight balance.
- Hybrid Steering Wiper is included with the conversion kit. By putting Servo horizontally, perfect linkage and wide range of ackerman settings are possible.
- Newly designed center cup joint and updated to steel material. Further more, 4 pinions for the gear unit also has been updated to steel.
- SSF Main Chassis
- SSF Upper Deck
- Graphite Support Plate
- Graphite Upper Brace with Front Gear Unit (Aluminium Mounts, Aluminium Pinion gears, Carbon Composite Pinion Gears etc).
- Front Aluminium Suspension Mount
- Aluminium Steering Post
- Aluminium Adjustable Steering Link
- Aluminium Battery Holder & Stopper
- Axle Shaft
- FR-D V2.0 Conversion Kit – 0063-FD Red
- FR-D V2.0 Conversion Kit – 0062-FD Blue
- FR-D V2.0 Conversion Kit – 0060-FD Silver
- FR-D V2.0 Conversion Kit – 0061-FD Black
Source: Wrap-Up Next